Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Movable Father

Recently, a spiritual mentor was telling about how God spoke to him when his son a baby. He said that when his son was a baby, he would often wake up in the night and cry because he was thirsty. One night, he entered the nursery and all he saw was a tiny arm sticking straight up holding a sippie cup. After he finished laughing, he was filling the cup and God began to speak to him. What made you move? You moved because you knew he was thirsty. There was no doubt there. When the screams came through the monitor, the father moved. When we cry out and truly thirst after God, he moves in our lives.

A big reason that this story has been on my mind lately is that it shows the importance of a strong hunger after God. It is a hunger I would really like renewed in my life. I want my hearts cries to move God. I want God to speak to me in life experiences and point out lessons that I should be learning. It's so easy to become lukewarm with our walk. Life is so busy that sometimes we put our time with God on the back burner or sometimes even in the fridge. It's time to really stir our hearts and focus on him and what he wants us to do. If you hunger after God, truly hunger and not just a show, he will move in your life and use you to move in others.

The other thing about this story that is that God moves when we cry out to him. God will absolutely not ignore his child's cry out of hunger. When my baby cries, I go to her and do whatever I can to make it better. Check out Matthew 5:25-27. God promises to take care of you. It says that his love for his children is so much greater than the love of birds which he still cares for. So why do we worry so much about pointless things in our lives? Why is it so hard to trust God in all things. My family has been through some storms and really had to learn the hard way to trust God but he always comes through. There was less money coming in than going out. At that time, we could have lost everything. But somehow, in ways that are still a mystery to me, we made it through that storm and God provided every need. When we cry, God listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment