Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dreams Revealed

What is your dream? From the age of five, and maybe even earlier, I have always wanted to be a teacher. My friends would be playing in the floor with Barbies and I was standing up next to the easel chalkboard giving a math or whatever lesson I felt was appropriate. Of course they weren't listening but those are the kind of games I played. As I grew older I began teaching Sunday school and leading bible studies and this really encouraged me in my dream. My last year of high school and the summer before my freshman year of college (even into my freshman year of college) I fell into a very blinding trap that almost made me lose sight of my dream. I'm not going to get into what it was that happened but in every area of my life I was being attacked and pulled away from where I needed to be. That's how the devil works. When we have a vision and we know that we should be doing something great, there are going to be people or situations that try to tear you from the right path. God promised Abraham (then Abram) that he would make him the father of many nations and instead of waiting on God's timing, Abraham took that dream into his own hands and that mistake has caused strife in the world ever since.

Last night, I started teaching a class at a local bible college. I can't even describe how right it felt to be teaching again. I am living the dream that God planted in my heart as a child. In each one of us, God has planted a dream. It is a desire to accomplish something in your life. Dreams are never easy to reach and shouldn't be. If your dream is easy to reach, you need to dream bigger! God's dream for YOU is so much bigger than you can ever imagine. If you allow him to, he will use you in ways that may seem impossible. God loves to use a nobody with no talent to do something big because then he gets the glory.

I know it seems that I am talking about working but dreams are more than just career goals. Maybe your dream is to raise a family through Godly example and through that example they may do something big. It will ripple and change lives in amazing ways. They told a story on the radio the other day about a man that got saved because of a woman but they had never met. She ministered to someone in college that ministered to someone else that ministered to someone else that ministered to him. Never underestimate the power of a Godly example. And never, EVER give up on the dreams that God has given you. There is nothing more fulfilling than following through with his plan in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Becca, I am so happy for you because I know how you feel! I, too, am working towards that dream. But something else is happening to me and I know that God has his hand in my life and dream...I truely believe that I am where I am suppose to be in life and that all my "struggles" and obsticles have been for a reason and that reason is to fulfill my dream of teaching. Thanks for letting me share! Had I not followed my dream, I would never had met you and I truely feel that would have been a travesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true!!! Great word cousin :)

    ReplyDelete