Friday, January 27, 2012

Into the Holy Place

http://youtu.be/6Tyu9IJKFi0
For the past several months I have had a renewed, crazy hunger for more of the Lord. I'm not sure if it is because I am so desperately wanting to be a righteous example for my daughter or if awesome things are just happening in my life but this is the best feeling! I am encouraged by reading my bible, and constantly being in prayer. Even if it's only a quick prayer to say "by the way God, thanks for letting me hit EVERY green light on my way to..." (Which never happens to me in case you were wondering.) I've been feeling an urgency recently. Not only in my own life to stay focused but an urgency for the people around me. Trying to be a better, Godly example and encourager.

This is the passage that has been on my heart this past week:
"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another..." (Heb 10:19-25)

The whole passage is just amazing to me. We, sinners, have the right to enter into a holy place of worship with God. And for some reason, once we get there and a fire lights in our hearts we start to fade away. Instead of dwelling in that holy place with God constantly, we let things come between us. It can be anything really: sin, addiction, lies, etc... Personally, mine is allowing myself to become too busy. No matter what the reason, it's bad. I don't want to allow myself to be too busy for God anymore. I want to always stay in that holy place.

Focusing on that last part of the passage is the main thing I want to get across here. It is so important as believers that we are constantly encouraging each other. That doesn't always mean a cheering for doing the right thing. Sometimes, pep talks happen when things aren't going so well. I want to be receptive when a friend tries to tell me that I may be wrong. I want you, my Christian friends, to tell me when I need to go pray about something! My mom does it all the time (thanks mom!) and I am finally at a place where I can hear what she is saying.

I want to end this blog with an invitation. If you have been feeling the same way I have, longing for a deeper relationship with God and encouragement in studying the word, let's get do it! Whether through online discussion or meeting at a Starbucks it would be awesome to get together with other believers and offer encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment